donderdag 8 april 2010

Red shirts.

It has been 2 or 3 days now since, Robin en Oord took off. It sucked balls the first 30 minutes. But I found some distraction the same night, and i didnt really think of it again. I spent 2 whole days on the internet at a very nice where they serve facking awesome olives 'n cheese.



Did some random stuff, played some poker and kinda tried to make contact with some basketball players from an American pokerforum who are supposed to be play quite frequently in BKK. Kinda failed on that one wich sucks since I miss playing some ball. I felt like taking it very easy a couple of days when I was alone again. But during the yest. I started to feel kinda restless, and I felt ready to jump in again. I decided to leave the Koh san road area and go to central BKK bij boat and skytrain to find something to eat. I had to run like crazy to catch the last watercab, they only go till 7.30pm. Ran into another Dutchy, we had dinner together, and went our own ways afterwards. Maybe go out later with him, kinda depends on his phone I guess lol. I stayed at the "Si lom area", Very busy, It took me like 45 minutes to run into a sign saying "Patpong bazar" I think Ive read that to be the biggest redlight district in BKK. Kinda Bizar. It's pretty much a street with at both sides Ping pong shows, Go go bars and what more, In between there is a nightmarket selling the usual stuff, and a lot of childeren darting around while if you take a looky thrue the open spaces in between the stands you see half naked ladies poledance and try to get as many people people into there bar as possible. I hate my life for not taking a pic of that. I did take a piture while waiting fot the skytrain of a street with exclusively Japanese clubs and bars, causing me to miss my train.


You cant get in, if you are not Japanese

10 mintues later I was on my way to "Siam" . Siam has turned into base for the "red shirts" . They are demonstrating against the current administration in Thailand and want the old PM back who is not longer linving in Thailand. They do that by blocking streets, racing around in pickups covered with red shirts, red flags making a lot of noise.





In general its all non-aggro altho they did enter a government building last Wednesday, made people flee, I think BKK is now in state of emergency (if this is the right way to put it) . Anyways I wanted to check it out, and went over there. It's pretty sick. I saw so many people, all Thai obv. (I think I was one of the 4 westerners out there) wanting the same thing. Cheering, singing, jumping up and down, it was absolutely amazing, stood there with goosebumps at some point. I made friends with some random Thai people altho we didnt really understand eachother. I must have been there for hours, cause I started to feel hungry again.











I walked away from the enormous crowd and found a okish place to have something to eat. It took me like 5 minutes to find out that this place was actually a karaoke bar, and pretty much another place where they work with (semi-)bargirls. The only difference was, that these girls were less attractive and it was a exclusively Thai place before I entered. I found in remarkable that I couldnt care less about the whole thing. I just sat there ate my food (wich was horrible), applaused and shipped the surprised comments from both staff and customers for me being out there at that place and that point in time.





I facking love being with locals instead of those horrible, impolite fat tourists!

out//

1 opmerking: