vrijdag 1 januari 2010

Relaxt, being a spectator.

2nd of Januari already. At this moment I enjoy being just by myself. December has been a pretty hectic month for me. 4 weeks non stop people staying in your house, running around to do and see stuff + a lot of travelling especially the first 2 weeks is tiring. Def. not complaining was probably the best month of the year! But for someone who likes to be alone to a certain degree it's good to have my home for myself again. Internet is in a very good shape lately, so I ve been watching some 2009 conferences from dutch comedians. Furthermore grinding out my pokerbonus, really have to put in some volume this months to redeem. Not leaving the house till I am out of food haha :P .



31dec was a weird day, family prepared themself to leave, cleaned the place up, and spent quite some time at the pool upstairs. Plan was to drop them off around 9pm after we had dinner at the airport. It's funny how I like this place so much. 3rd time I ate at roasters within 1 month. Me likes there muffins a lot!




Anyways wasnt fun to see them go, I am not sure yet but for now I think it sucks much harder to be left behind then to leave behind. I need a bigger sample tho to make up my mind about that.. :)
I sticked around in Georgetown without plans, I was like: I ll hook up with some people and if I dont perfectly fine too, was uncool tho to see my table been given away while I was taking a toiletbreak :@ . Still not sure wheter they f.cked up by accident or they did it on purpose. I had been thinking earlier that it was pretty -EV for there business to have me sitting there instead of a somewhat bigger group. I decided not to make an argument, just wished her happy new year. Good me IMO. On my way to the boulevard to see some fireworks I ran into a hooker with slightly too much make-up, instead of taking her offer for a massage I asked her if I was heading into the right direction, ended up with a chat, and feeling sorry for her soul.


Didnt see any of this :(

I arrived at the boulevard few minutes past 12, I didnt see one single piece of fireworks :O . Heard a few bangs at 12 but compared to what I am used to this was pathetic. Gurneydrive was busy, very busy and even without fireworks there was a positive, relaxt, friendly, not so much party atmosphere or maybe it was just me not sensing it. Walked, wished evereybody out there "happy new year", watched a helicopter saying "hi" to the crowd, a fountain of foam wich resulted in a lot of kids with fabulous hats and long white beards. Then heard Elvis screamin "It feels good" I cudnt resist to take a look and my eyes saw a somewhat small stage with a band playing some good oldies. Watched people going nuts, I stayed with the band till they stopped playing wich made me decide to call it a day and headed back home to get some sleep in a decent bed for the first time in...what felt like ages...

Weird way to celebrate the new year eh? I didnt really celebrate actually, others did the celebrating for me, I just watched them. Wondering what people were thinking when I sat there by myself, must have looked silly. As long as I remember I enjoy to step aside everey now and then and watch other people being busy with random stuff.Stepping aside. A little like the helicopter, as an overview, being a spectator of life instead of a participant just for a moment or 2. People are funny creatures, I mean really. Sometimes we need people around us sometimes we don't. Sometimes having people around you, you dont know is a as good as no people at all. It's up to you wheter you want to interact or not. in the meanwhile you got something incredible fun too watch.

Happy new year y'all!


Out/

2 opmerkingen: